- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 17, 18
The Pre-College Media Production Academy is an intensive 16-day learning experience that introduces current high school juniors and seniors to the professional methods of visual storytelling techniques used in the broadcast industry. Students will earn three transferable college credits while learning to develop visual, audio and content for the most effective storytelling.
Do you (or your student) love to create videos and social media content? Have you ever dreamed of producing your own documentary? If you've ever thought "Hey, I wonder if I could do this for a living?" - then Champlain's Media Production Academy is for you.
Learn to develop visual, audio and content for the most effective storytelling including:
- Social Media content
- Streaming channel content
What You'll Gain:
On our breathtaking campus in Burlington, Vermont, students will gain hands-on experience in:
- Writing content to engage your audience
- Using sound to set the stage for your story
- Composing shots for the most effective storytelling
- Operating equipment in the studio and out in the field
- Editing your work for use on various platforms (social media, podcast, streaming channels)
Students will learn, hands-on, in our state-of-the art production stage, sound studio, and radio station located in the new Center for Communication and Creative Media while gaining media literacy and exploring the role of broadcast media in American culture.