- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: College Application, Social Justice, Writing, Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Application Deadline: 04/01/22
- Call: 800.225.4262
Spend summer getting a global perspective! Study critical issues through a comparative lens, earn college credit, and connect with peers around the world. Explore Washington beyond the National Mall with immersive activities and excursions, gain exposure to potential careers, and encounter local daily life living on a university campus. Return home as a globally-minded citizen with a deeper understanding of issues facing the city, your own local community, and the world.
CET Global Perspectives is more than your typical educational travel program. Immersive housing, cultural activities, and seeing the sights are just the beginning. A summer with CET lets you take the experience further.
You examine how global issues impact local communities, exploring topics such as inequality, environmental sustainability, and public health. Course themes are brought to life through engaging out-of-class learning that connects you to experts and local networks. In addition to sharing the experience with your cohort in DC, you also engage in an ongoing discussion with your peers on the program in 6 countries, making your takeaways even more global.
CET Global Perspectives: Washington DC includes:
- Course materials, activities, and excursions
- All housing and meals
- Group travel on local daytrips
- Staff supervision and 24/7 support
- College credit on an official transcript from Dickinson College
Cost and Session Information
Session Dates: June 26 - July 16, 2022
Program Fee: $7,890
Priority, Financial Assistance, and Scholarship: Feb. 1, 2022
Final: April 1, 2022
CET is committed to increasing access to study abroad and global education experiences for high school students and makes every effort to provide awards to deserving students. All students are eligible to apply for financial assistance and scholarships through their online CET accounts.