- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Spain
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: College Application, Social Justice, Writing, Spanish, Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Application Deadline: 04/01/22
- Career Clusters: Government and Public Administration, Health Science, Human Services
- Call: 800.225.4262
Spend your summer getting a global perspective! Study global issues through a Spanish context, earn college credit, and connect with your peers around the world. Learn conversational Spanish, explore beautiful Málaga and Andalusia through cultural activities and excursions, and immerse in local daily life while living with a host family. Cap off your amazing summer experience with a visit to the vibrant capital city of Madrid.
CET Global Perspectives is more than your typical educational travel program. Immersive housing, language learning, cultural activities, and seeing the sights are just the beginning. A summer with CET lets you take the experience further.
You examine how global issues impact local communities, exploring topics such as inequality, environmental sustainability, and public health. Course themes are brought to life through engaging out-of-class learning that connects you to experts and local networks. In addition to sharing the experience with your cohort in Spain, you also engage in an ongoing discussion with your peers on the program in 6 countries, making your takeaways even more global.
CET Global Perspectives: Spain includes:
- Course materials, activities, and excursions
- 20 hours of Spanish language lessons (no previous language experience required)
- All housing and meals, including a homestay during your time in Málaga
- College credit on an official transcript from Dickinson College
- Group travel on daytrips in Andalusia and a 4-day trip to Madrid
- Staff supervision and 24/7 support
Cost and Session Information
Session Dates: June 26 - July 19, 2022
Program Fee: $6,190
Priority, Financial Assistance, and Scholarship: Feb. 1, 2022
Final: April 1, 2022
CET is committed to increasing access to study abroad and global education experiences for high school students and makes every effort to provide awards to deserving students. All students are eligible to apply for financial assistance and scholarships through their online CET accounts.