- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Traditional Camp
- Sub-Categories: Swimming, Water Sports, Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
Camp Fire is a non-profit, volunteer based organization dedicated to enriching the lives of children and their families for over 100 years! Along with traditional camp and club programs, Camp Fire has developed community outreach programs in response to the changing profile of today’s youth and families.
Camp is an experiential education like no other. Children and youth learn life lessons, such as independence, leadership, and self-confidence, in an environment designed specifically for them. Camp is made up almost entirely of teachable moments. Through fun and hands-on experiences, campers have opportunities to grow and develop the skills needed to be productive, successful adults.
Summer camp options:
- Camp Fire Camp Wintaka - “the happy camp on the mountain,” is nestled on 115 acres of tall pines and spreading oaks in the San Bernardino Mountains. 2nd through 8th grade.
- Backyard Bunch - Day Camp and Weekly Sessions
- Adventure Camp For youth entering Kindergarten through 8th grade
- Beach Cruisers - For youth entering 6th through 8th grade
- Camp Deforest - K-8th grader to explore a little bit of everything: outdoor science and nature lore, sports, games and crafts? DeForest Park in North Long Beach is one of Long Beach’s hidden gems, and Camp Fire is proud to announce that we are operating a summer day camp there beginning June 17.
- Camp Fire Little Stars - A “first-taste” of Day Camp for toilet trained 4 & 5 year old (Pre-K) children. This program serves as an introduction to a fun Day Camp experience offering songs, crafts, games, hikes and much more, all in five sheltered acres of Camp Fire Camp Shiwaka.
- Camp FIre Shiwaka - Open to campers who are members of our traditional club program, Camp Fire Camp Shiwaka offers a wide variety of traditional camp opportunities including a low-element challenge course, archery, fire rings for outdoor cooking, and an outdoor amphitheater for the end of week closing ceremony.