- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, August
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Traditional Camp
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Swimming, Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Shiwaka offers a wide variety of traditional camp opportunities including a low-element challenge course, an archery range, fire rings for outdoor cooking, and an outdoor amphitheater. Craft activities are geared toward the camp theme. Campers earn a variety of awards as they learn to value the natural environment.
Open to campers who are members of our traditional club program, Camp Fire Camp Shiwaka offers a wide variety of traditional camp opportunities including a low-element challenge course, archery, fire rings for outdoor cooking, and an outdoor amphitheater for the end of week closing ceremony.
Campers earn a variety of nature awards as they learn to value the natural environment. Each day opens and closes at the flagpole with spirited sessions of camp songs, letters delivered from the camp mascot, Mr. Wriggles, and daily announcements.
Campers bring a sack lunch on Mondays. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, campers cook their lunches over a campfire. On Thursdays, campers perform skits, cook dinner over the campfire, and then have a traditional evening ceremony in the amphitheater. As the campers settle in to spend the night under the stars, the Day Camp Aides serenade each individual campsite with traditional camp songs.
Cost and Session Information
Session 1: June 21-25, 2021
Session 2: June 28-July 2, 2021
Session 3: August 2-6, 2021
- $155 if attending with their volunteer leader
- $219 if requesting Camp Fire provide leadership through our Youth Leader Team program