- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Business, Economics
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
In this course offered by Boston College Experience, students will learn the basics of both Microeconomics and Macroeconomics in order to better understand both business and the economy as a whole.
Economics is a study of human behavior and helps explain many aspects of our everyday life. We will look at factors influencing individuals and businesses and how they make decisions. Then we will look at the economy as a whole and address the measures of economic activities, role of the government and its policies, and the effects of those policies.
The focus of the course will be on applying the principles learned to the world around us. Students will not only apply the tools to the current events and business issues but will be encouraged to think about how these play out in their own lives.