- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Social Justice
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
This two week program explores the structural, legal, financial and organizational components of nonprofit organizations.
In the context of social justice movements centered on eliminating poverty, racism, discrimination, and the like, this course is ideal for individuals interested in learning how to start and fund a nonprofit organization and/or those interested in working or volunteering for a nonprofit organization. This course embodies theory, practice, and experiential activities coupled with real-world cases to augment existing knowledge and experience. Course topics include nonprofit legal governance and board issues, financial management, grant writing, fundraising and development and advocacy.