This popular program is conducted at AUs Stull Observatory, one of the best teaching observatories in the country, which is equipped with telescopes ranging f rom 8 to 32 inches in diameter as well as electronic detectors and support computers. Astronomy campers enjoy a mix of night and daytime activities involving extensive use of the observatorys telescopes and electronics...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: May, June, July, December
- Session Length: Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Semester, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Writing, Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
Alfred University offers undergraduate and graduate courses during summer and winter terms. Courses at the 100 and 200 level are open to local, commuting high school juniors and seniors. All courses are open to students from other colleges and universities, incoming first-year students, and Alfred University students.
High school students get the chance to experience life on a college campus and learn with other students of their ability level.
Summer courses are available in Alfred University's four colleges in addition to the Alfred School of Art & Design. All classes are available for college credit. High school students may also look into Alfred's in person and online summer camp offerings.
Winter term courses are offered online-only, and are one month long beginning in December.