- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Call: (607) 871-2612
Students participate in exciting hands-on lab experiences in ceramic processing and tape casting, and glass melting and press forming, working alongside faculty. While learning, the emphasis is on having fun and enjoying our beautiful natural surroundings.
At the heart of a vast majority of our everyday items, from cell phones to toilets are ceramic components. Ceramic processing is at the center of the manufacturing process using powders to make usable items.
Ceramic Processing & Tape Casting
- Learn about powders and powder processing.
- Learn to tape cast ceramic materials.
- Color the ceramic tapes with ceramic colorants.
- Cut, laminate and fire the samples to create a strong, translucent piece.
Glass Melting & Press Forming
- Learn about glass chemistry and raw materials.
- Learn to batch glass and mix raw materials.
- Melt the glass in crucibles in a furnace.
- Pour the molten glass into "pucks".
- Press mold these glass pucks into the final form.
Visit our website for more details and information
Cost and Session Information
Dates of Camp: June 28- July 2, 2020
Cost: $930 Residential; $775 Commuters