- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Girls Only
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Computer Science
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Call: (888) 709-8324
At Alexa Cafe at Bentley University, girls ages 10–15 tap into the power of technology, exploring leadership, entrepreneurship, and social impact along the way. Ideas take shape in a unique, coffee shop-like setting that fosters collaboration between new friends.
With personalized instruction and guaranteed small classes, this isn’t school. We take the pressure off so girls can get straight to what matters—building a love of tech and bringing meaningful projects to life with unabashed creativity. Held at 15+ US locations.
Did you know...
Over 50% of the US population is female, yet women make up only 12% of computer science undergrads (Code.org). Women comprise nearly half the US labor force but hold only 4.6% of top leadership positions (Catalyst.org). And, girls’ interest in STEM peaks in middle school and drops off during high school due to social factors and a lack of access (Girls Who Code). It’s time to change the equation.
Why Alexa Café?
- Uniquely qualified, passionate instructors and guaranteed small classes make all the difference
- Creative courses, meaningful projects, and lasting skills
- Life skills development, increased confidence, and a taste of college
- Industry-standard products from Apple, Google, Adobe, Autodesk, and more
- Off-computer activities including crafts, sports, talent shows, and campus excursions
- Friday Concept Café—debut your final project to family and receive your official Alexa Café diploma
We know the right instructor changes everything. Our Alexa Café staff mentors students while teaching the most in-demand tech skills, bringing our fun, inclusive camp culture to life.
Inspirational industry pros and top university recruits
Our selective hiring practices, honed for over 20 years, yield the most talented, passionate recruits from tech companies, and universities like Caltech and NYU.
All adults, no CITs, and thorough background checks
We adhere to a policy of no “Counselors in Training.” Instead, you’ll find fun-loving, well-paid, all-adult instructors. We take safety seriously. All staff members undergo extensive background and reference checks and are CPR & First-Aid Certified.
Trained in person
Once hired, each staff member attends Regional Staff Training. Via hands-on workshops, collaborative activities, and in-depth educational sessions, they hone their teaching methods and get immersed in our core values.
Cost and Session Information
Varies by location, course, and date. Please check the website for details.