Pre-College, Personalized. Come to Adelphi this summer. Experience Adelphi’s personalized approach to education through one of 9 academic courses for rising high school freshmen,sophomores, juniors and seniors...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Career Exploration
- Sub-Categories: Career Exploration, Literacy, Teaching
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Education and Training
- Credit Awarded: Yes
- Call: (516)877-3410
Learn to think critically and creatively like world-class teachers.
Learn about the historical, cultural and philosophical foundations of the American education system as you consider your own beliefs and values about teaching, learning and schooling.
Sunday, July 17-Saturday, July 30, 2022
In this course, you’ll examine current and historical roles, expectations and characterizations that define teaching as a profession. You will:
- Reflect on and analyze your own educational experiences.
- Design and present lesson plans in the grade level and on a topic of your choice.
- Consider and develop your own teaching style.
Cost and Session Information
All-inclusive tuition rate covers the following:
Three transferable college credits;
All course materials;
Housing for two weeks in rooms with AC and private bathroom;
All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner);
All off-campus trips and daily extracurricular activities.