Pre-College, Personalized. Come to Adelphi this summer. Experience Adelphi’s personalized approach to education through one of 9 academic courses for rising high school freshmen,sophomores, juniors and seniors...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Biology, Chemistry, Health and Well Being, Career Exploration, Healthcare
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Health Science
- Credit Awarded: Yes
Dreaming of a career in medicine? You've found the right program!
During this intensive in the sciences and medicine in partnership with NYU Langone- Long Island Hospital, you will engage in high-impact learning, participate in hands-on classes and lab experiences, and discover what it takes to pursue a career in the sciences, medicine, and health.
Sunday, July 17-Saturday, July 30, 2022
During this program, you will:
- View informative demonstrations from physicians, physicians assistants, and program directors at NYU Langone-Long Island Hospital
- Learn about contemporary issues in Physics and Biochemistry with Adelphi University professors.
- Discuss what resume building experiences are recommended for admission to medical school, including: participating in original scientific research with faculty, internships, extracurriculars, and volunteer work
- Earn certification in CPR from the American Heart Association.
Cost and Session Information
All-inclusive tuition rate covers the following:
Three transferable college credits;
All course materials;
Housing for two weeks in rooms with AC and private bathroom;
All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner);All off-campus trips and daily extracurricular activities.