Pre-College, Personalized. Come to Adelphi this summer. Experience Adelphi’s personalized approach to education through one of 9 academic courses for rising high school freshmen,sophomores, juniors and seniors...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: August
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Baseball, Career Exploration, Sports Management
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Career Clusters: Business Management and Administration
- Credit Awarded: No
Get a first-hand look at the professional sport industry! In this course, you will learn how professional sport organizations advanced from a collection of low revenue producing businesses into global-market dominating brands at the center of a $600 billion industry.
Monday, August 8-Friday, August 12, 2022
You will also learn about the various job responsibilities and career opportunities within professional sport organizations, including those in marketing, communications, sales, promotion, management, labor relations, licensing and operations. You will also learn about related opportunities in amateur sport, recreation and sport-based youth development. You will:
- Be exposed to unique industry insights and perspectives pertaining to current industry trends, including the impact the pandemic has had on the industry
- Meet and speak with respected and renowned professional sport industry executives.
- Visit a NY Metropolitan area sport organization and attend a game.
- Work in teams to create a new or improved sport product and present your idea and marketing plan to industry executives.
Cost and Session Information
All-inclusive tuition rate covers the following:
All course materials;
Lunch each day of the program;
All off-campus trips and daily extracurricular activities.