Pre-College, Personalized. Come to Adelphi this summer. Experience Adelphi’s personalized approach to education through one of 9 academic courses for rising high school freshmen,sophomores, juniors and seniors...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Pre-Med, STEM, Healthcare
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Health Science
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: (516)877-3410
Gain hands-on nursing experience! A glimpse into Nursing education, you will learn about the profession of Nursing and the various roles of a Registered Nurse. Classwork and simulation lab exercises will emphasize the importance of quality nursing care, patient safety, critical thinking, and clinical reasoning skills.
Sunday, July 17-Saturday, July 30, 2022, Residential-Only Program
Considering a career as a Nurse? You will learn about the profession of nursing and the various roles of a Registered Professional Nurse throughout the duration of this course. Classwork and simulation lab exercises in our state of the art Simulation lab will emphasize the importance of quality nursing care, patient safety, critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills in the nursing profession. You will:
- Participate in educational simulation experiences in our state-of-the-art Clinical Education and Simulation Lab.
- Understand different areas of clinical expertise, including nutrition, medical-surgical, older adult, obstetrics, pediatrics, and public health.
- Earn certification in CPR from the American Heart Association.
Cost and Session Information
All-inclusive tuition rate covers the following:
Three transferable college credits;
All course materials;
Housing for two weeks in rooms with AC and private bathroom;
All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner);
All off-campus trips and daily extracurricular activities.