- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Business/Entrepreneurship
- Sub-Categories: Business
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Marketing, Sales and Service
- Credit Awarded: Yes
Discover all aspects of the business world! In this course, you will develop the skills, values, and attitudes needed for success in business and innovation development whether starting a new venture from scratch or evaluating an existing business.
Sunday, July 9, 2023 - Sunday, July 29, 2023
Topics include major functional areas of business, including marketing, human resources, legal structures, operations, accounting and finance, and risk management. You will be introduced to a variety of business development tools as an aid in the development of a business model and plan. You will:
- Work in teams to develop a business idea into a comprehensive business plan.
- Participate in an in-class “Shark Tank” pitch session.
- Meet and chat with successful entrepreneurs from the most innovative companies (both established businesses and startups).
- Visit Wall Street and the Financial District.