- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day
- Type: Private, Special Needs
- Grades Offered: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: United States
- CEEB: 290167
- IPED: 1924065
- Tution Day: $15,750
- Special Needs Served: Learning Differences, Autism Spectrum, Other Developmental Disability
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
Non-Profit School For Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Dyslexia, Social Anxieties and other Learning Differences and Special Needs.
New Horizons Center for Learning provides instruction in all of the required subjects of the Nevada State Department of Education. The broad curriculum includes:
- Language Arts: Reading, comprehension, literature, writing, spelling, phonics and structural skills, speaking and listening skills, English grammar, and study skills.
- Math: Computational skills/concepts, problem solving, practical math applications, and algebraic concepts.
- Social Studies: Community building, multi-cultural education, character education, and social skill building.
- Science: Biology, Earth, Life, Physical and Environmental Science
- Health Education and Career Awareness
- Physical Education/Adaptive P.E.
- Computers, Art, and Music
NOTE: Reading, Writing and Spelling Remediation for the dyslexic students taught through a multisensory phonetic approach.