- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Morocco
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Semester
- Start Month: February, September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
From forested mountains to the Sahara desert, study the languages, faiths, and diversity of culture that make up the western-most outpost of the Arab world. Suggested for ages 17-22, with college credit available.
- Build fluency in Moroccan Arabic (Darija) with interactive formal and conversational classes 2-3 times per week.
- Trek through the stunning Atlas Mountains, camping out under the stars while learning the importance of expedition behaviour and leave no trace principles.
- Try your hand at rug weaving, shoemaking and stone or wood carving with the masters and students at the Artisan Centre in Azrou.
- Explore the breathtaking Imperial Cities such as Fes and Marrakesh, losing yourself in the sights and smells of these ancient wonders.
- Swim and relax on white-sand beaches taking in beautiful sunsets over the North Atlantic Ocean.