- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Indonesia
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Semester
- Start Month: February, September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
Experience the majesty of the most diverse archipelago on Earth: explore Javanese arts, trek to hidden jungle hot springs, spearfish with sea nomads, and discuss conservation initiatives with local experts. Suggested for ages 17-22, with college credit available.
- Choose an Independent Study Project of your choice in Yogyakarta. Options include (but are not limited to): Silversmithing, batik, gamlan, martial arts, street art, cooking, traditional dance; or conduct a study on an academic topic you’re passionate about.
- Take part in three unique homestays showcasing the diversity of Indonesian life in an urban, mountain and oceanic setting.
- Follow your host mother to the kebun (small farm) to harvest seasonal vegetables, then bring them back to the house to cook.
- Try your hand at spearfishing and with your host father in Sampela, then hop in a canoe with your host mother to the local market to hawk your catch.