- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Guatemala
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Semester
- Start Month: February, September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay, Other
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
Build Spanish language fluency, examine models of political activism, and engage with diverse Mesoamerican communities and cultures. Suggested for ages 17-22, with college credit available.
- Deepen your Spanish language skills through personalized instruction and an extended homestay on Lake Atitlán.
- Explore the vibrant colors, flavors, and ancestral landscapes of the Maya people.
- Support community projects and social justice movements in Guatemala and southern Mexico
- Hike to the top of ancient temples in the Caribbean rainforest as dawn breaks over the horizon.