- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Rwanda
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Three Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm, Homestay
- Application Fee: $180
- Minimum Cost: < $1,000
Go Volunteer Africa recruits volunteers for locally-run community, conservation, teaching, building, business development, and social projects around Kigali, Butare, and Musanze in Rwanda.
Our Rwanda Volunteer Program is an immersion program customized for individual travelers, students, professionals, families, groups, or anyone with the desire to volunteering in Rwanda. The timetable you travel, your village destination, and the projects you may be involved with are all geared to your skills and interests, and the villages’ needs.
Go Volunteer Africa’s volunteer projects in Rwanda are safe, reliable and affordable and can accommodate all ages. The Rwanda volunteer program is a collaboration between Go Volunteer Africa and the under-served communities of Kigali, Butare and Musanze where we serve. We are committed to meeting the needs of our communities, and to placing developmental volunteers in worthy programs that provide safe and life-changing experiences.
VOLUNTEERING IN RWANDA QUICK FACTS
- The program is open all year-round
- Very flexible start and end dates (arrive any day of the month)
- Over 6 oustanding sustainable project optionsProjects are based across the country with major location being Kigali, Butare & Musanze
- Accommodation available at volunteer house & host families
- We host over 50 volunteers every month across Rwanda
- Program fees include pre-departure support, airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country supportWe are the most affordable organization in Africa, because we are the locals!
Musanze is an amazing place and my experience at the women's center and with Go Volunteer Africa was incredible. It was very well organized right from the moment I signed up, Jim supported me throughout the entire experience, all of my questions were answered thoroughly and promptly and I had the experience of a lifetime.
Although I had wanted to stay in Kigali, but Jim's offer for Musanze turned out to be the best. I stayed with a local host family for culture experience. The host mother was outstanding and really caring. The project Manager Damien helped me and the other volunteers in every aspect of our trip. He knew a lot about the area, making it easy to get around, visit the best places and shops.
During my time in Rwanda, I met a few other volunteers while I was there and we would catch up for a meal or go for swimming. GVA Rwanda is a very affordable, safe and flexible volunteering option. I would definitely recommend GVA if you are interested in a great volunteer experience in Rwanda.