- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Malawi
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Six Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+
- Housing: Dorm, Other
- Minimum Cost: $3,000 - $4,999
Our 6 week volunteer and adventure program offers the perfect opportunity to give back through your travels, connect with the community and have the adventure of a lifetime! Volunteers will stay right on Lake Malawi with an incredible tropical view. You will work in the community daily and have safari adventures!
The week day program involves 2 nights in a local Chewa homestay, learning to fish with a local guide, cooking breakfast for the village, beach clean-ups, teaching in the local schools - and if you time for fun in the sun you can go boating and water skiing! Safari trips included to South Luangwa National Park in Zambia and Lilwande National Park in Malawi! We started this program as a way to gain community support and increase the sustainable impact of our organization. We will NEVER exploit you as a volunteer. We want you to leave instilled with passion for the people of Malawi and the warm heart of Africa.