- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Ecuador, Laos, Peru, Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal, Galapagos Islands
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Other
- Start Month: January, June, September
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins, Dorm, Homestay, Hotel, Tents
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
This comprehensive overland Pure Exploration program is for people looking to gain experience traveling internationally to developing countries, learning about managing groups, travel logistics & trekking in some of the world’s most famous, spectacular, mountainous, and remote regions.
THE ULTIMATE EXPEDITION
Module 1: How to travel internationally with a group - Budgets, logistics, local operators, safety & core skills
Module 2: Putting it into practice - Team trekking, community & service projects abroad, gaining confidence
Module 3: Up we go - Time to test your expedition skills in the legendary Himalayas!
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
We created this program as an immersive learning experience, for those looking to gain confidence and experience as an international traveller. Whether you are looking to get into the adventure travel industry, or simply become a rounded global traveller yourself, this program provides the key skills to help you:
* Be able to assess future travel destinations for risk and for suitability to your needs
* Make important decisions on arrival to navigate developing world or foreign language situations
* Have practical first aid skills to help save lives in remote locations
* To be confident to trek in remote destinations in varying conditions such as weather, jungle, altitude
The itinerary was chosen specifically to complement each stage of the training. As the level of skill required increases, the destinations chosen will similarly become more challenging; with language barriers, logistic challenges or poor infrastructure.
Cost and Session Information
Includes: 13 week adventure training and qualification program; Dynamic, immersive course; Focus on mentorship & learning through shared experiences; Qualified & experienced technical instructors; Outdoor Leadership Qualification; Advanced International Wilderness First Aid certification; Accommodation and food allowance