- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: New Zealand
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Semester, Quarter, Other
- Start Month: January, September
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
If this part of New Zealand isn't well known to you, be prepared to be blown away. Famous for being the area that receives the most sunshine in NZ, Nelson is an oasis of golden beaches, fruit orchards, craft beer brewing and relaxed locals. Combined with the country's top climbing areas and breathtaking mountains, Nelson is hard to beat, particularly if you are a warm-weather person!
This outdoor adventure course is suitable for anyone who wants to embark on a career to become a global outdoor guide, or simply to challenge their own understanding of what it means to take on the wild. Gain skills you'll use your whole life as a hiker, climber and lover of exploring untouched regions. Bring on the adventures!