- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: United States
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Semester
- Start Month: January, September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Application Fee: $400
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
This 10-week semester program offers you enriching and inspiring experiences throughout the United States’ west frontier and the offshore beauty of Hawaii’s Big Island. It combines service-learning conservation projects in diverse reserves and outdoor expeditions!
Discover the weaving and cooking traditions of the Native Americans, the navigating skills of the indigenous Polynesians, and the National Parks’ efforts to mitigate deforestation and reintroduce endemic wildlife; uncover more about your own backyard than you even knew existed.