- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Japan, Mexico
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Other, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
LEX offers an opportunity for international leadership development through participation in an international internship program to Japan, Mexico, or South Korea. Interns participate in and assist with multilingual language learning clubs, and support cultural exchange programs, while living with host families.
Interns can look forward to being exposed to the LEX community-based style of language acquisition, learning a variety of different languages, and connecting to a multilingual community of over 25,000 members worldwide. They will also have the opportunity to live with a host family for the duration of their internship, thus enhancing their experience of the culture and enabling them to find a home away from home. Interns will have a variety of projects depending on interests and on needs of the hosting organization. Some examples include: leadership of multilingual snow camp; making cultural presentations in the community; assisting with selection and orientation of exchange students; social media projects; writing and editing; counseling exchange students; presenting your experiences; and office work.
Key characteristics of a LEX intern are flexibility and an openness toward all languages and all people.
Japan Programs are based in Tokyo.
Mexico Programs are based in Mexico City.
South Korea Programs are based in a variety of cities around Korea.
More details are available on our website at www.lexlrf.org. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.