- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Sri Lanka
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay
- Minimum Cost: < $1,000
Essentially designed for animal lovers and those who wish to get the taste of rural life in a Southeast Asian country, the Elephant Camp Tour and Community Development Program will certainly be a perfect choice. Engage yourself in the daily works of the mahout and know what it takes to look after these friendly giants.
Location: Kegalle, Sri Lanka
Duration: 1-8 weeks
Minimum Age: 18+
- Live in a rural set up amidst the lush green surroundings with the natives and experience the joy of serving.
- Experience the thrill of wildlife adventures while exploring various national parks in Sri Lanka, including Sinharaja forest reserve, Bundala National park, Minneriya National park, and more.
- Chill on the beaches of this pristine island and soak in the sun!
- Learn the Sinhalese language and also how to cook the local cuisine!
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Anuradhapura and Sigiriya.