- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Costa Rica, Fiji, Greece, India, Kenya, Laos, Mexico, South Africa, Thailand, Nepal
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Two Weeks
- Start Month: July
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+
- Housing: Cabins, Other
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
- Call: 617-674-2105
GVI is a non-political, non-religious organization, which runs over 100 programs in 15 countries. GVI volunteers fill a critical void in the fields of environmental research, conservation, education and community development.
Global Vision International (GVI) was formed in 1997 to provide support and services to international charities, non-profits and governmental agencies, through volunteering opportunities, internship programs, training and direct funding.
GVI is guided by a unique commitment to its volunteers and to its partners. To the volunteer it offers safe, responsible travel experiences, exceptional training and career development opportunities, and facilitates the ability to make a real difference.
To our communities we commit all project ownership and all work undertaken to their direction, in conjunction with our local partners.
International partners include the South African National Parks Board, Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund, Jane Goodall Institute, Rainforest Concern and Kenyan Wildlife Service. From 2007, 70% of all volunteer contributions received were spent directly in the field.