- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Costa Rica
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Four Weeks, Other
- Start Month: July, November
- Category: Environmental Conservation
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: $3,000 - $4,999
This gap year program in Costa Rica is perfect for students interested in refining their diving skills and learning more about marine science.
Students will spend their time on the beautiful Pacific coast of Costa Rica training and gaining hands-on experience with marine conservation. They will learn how to become a professional Divemaster and have the chance to swim with dolphins, whales, rays, turtles, and even sharks! They can also expect to be taught practical marine science survey techniques. Students will contribute to coral and fish surveys as they help monitor the health of the marine ecosystem. Other activities to look forward to include becoming certified as a Rescue Diver, studying ecology, and helping with coral rehabilitation.