- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: China
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester
- Start Month: February, June, August, December
- Category: Language
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19
- Housing: Dorm
- Affiliation: Gap Year Association
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
- Call: 800.225.4262
Gap programs at CET Beijing offer language learning in everything. Uphold a full-time language pledge and live with a Chinese roommate. Enroll in an intensive language class, have one-on-one sessions with an instructor, and even take on theme-based weeks of focused practice.
And you won't just learn Chinese... you'll learn how best to study Chinese. So by the time your gap term is over, you'll have the experience and study tools to set yourself up for success in college.
On top of everything, you'll be based out of Beijing—a city not to be missed by those looking for a future in China. Stroll through the hutongs (traditional alleyways), then take in a more modern face of urban China at 798 Art District. Hike the Great Wall. And if you want to travel domestically or internationally, Beijing is well placed for that, too.
- Optional college credit from University of Minnesota
- 20+ hours per week of Chinese language classes
- Live with a local roommate
- Full-time language pledge
- Out-of-class assignments & learning