EF Gap Semester is perfect for students who want to explore several countries, learn a language, volunteer, engage in cultural exchange, intern abroad, and develop leadership skills. Programs are accredited so students can earn college credit...(more)
- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Australia, China, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, Tanzania, Dominican Republic, South Korea
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Academic Year
- Start Month: September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm, Homestay, Hotel, Other, Student Apartment
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Affiliation: Phillips Andover Summer Opportunity Fair 2022
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
- Minimum Cost: > $20,000
Experience the world and discover your passions with EF Gap Year. Visit 10+ countries, improve your language skills, make an impact, and intern abroad. Build real-world skills, make lifelong memories, and return home a better you. For ages 18-22.
Design your dream gap year by choosing which countries you immerse yourself in for each module. Choose from 21 destinations in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, & Oceania.
Every EF Gap Year begins with a two week cultural immersion in Europe. Students then embark on their own personalized gap experiences, heading to their country of choice for their language course, service learning, and internship modules. Later, regroup for an in-depth tour of Australia & New Zealand. EF Leadership Academy and a gala at an English castle wrap up the program.
With the opportunity to earn college credit and place out of language classes in college, students return home with major advantages as they start or return to college. EF Gap Year is part of EF Education First. With more than 52,000 staff members and 600 offices and schools around the world, EF Gap Year offers unparalleled international support 24/7.
Cost and Session Information
Flights & Local Transfers: Round-trip flights & local transportation during group excursions
Room & Board: Your accommodations & some meals on the trip
Course at an Accredited Language School: 6 weeks of classes at an EF school, plus the opportunity to earn 3 college credits
Personal Development Programs: Workshops & activities designed to help you discover your strengths and goals
Activities & Excursions: Guided group activities such as walking tours, museum visits, & some trips to nearby cities
EF Global Support Network: 1:1 mentorship & 24/7 support before & during the program