- Listing Type: After-School Enrichment
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Program Delivery: Day, Online
- Session Start: September
- Session Length: Academic Year
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Bio Technology, Computer Science, Entrepreneurship, Internships, Leadership, Biology, Chemistry, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Computer Skills
- Gender: Coed
- Call: (855) 244-7866
TKS isn’t just about STEM; our goal is to train the world’s next thought leaders, CEOs and innovators to impact billions. This isn’t a tech boot camp. We’re a human accelerator. We provide students with guidelines, resources and mentors to build expertise in fields of emerging technologies and sciences.
TKS is a global community of the world’s most curious, driven, and ambitious people that want to make an impact.
We created TKS Virtual to remove geographic limitations for curious and driven young people. This program is 100% online and will connect people from across the world. You will have access to all our programs, materials, and technologies. As part of the TKS community, you will interact with all TKS students, alumni, and mentors.
The founders of TKS are entrepreneurs from Silicon Valley who have built and sold companies. They designed the TKS program with successful CEOs and global leaders, while also adopting new ideas from disruptive companies like Google and Facebook. The goal of the program is to train young people to maximize their ability to make an impact in the world.
We believe leveraging exponential technologies is the best way to scale impact. TKS trains students on developing both hard skills and soft skills.
Our secret-sauce is the emphasis on soft-skills. We model our curriculum after top innovation institutions like MIT, Google and Stanford. Students learn about: Networking, Presenting, Building confidence, Philosophy, Having thoughtful discussions, Consulting frameworks, Design, Negotiation, Mindsets, Mental models, Branding, Leveraging curiosity to explore various areas of STEM, Building friendships.
Weekly In-Person Sessions
Students are placed in a cohort of 30-40 people. Each cohort meets every weekend for 10 months (September - June). The specific day/time will be sent to you after you're accepted into the program.
High School Students
TKS is designed for students ages 13-17 years old (grades 8-12). As long as students are still 17 by September, they are eligible to apply. We do make exceptions for students taking gap years. We also have a program for students 11-13 years old, but that's only in Toronto right now.
Application & Interview
To join TKS, you must be accepted. There is an application and interview process. During the application process, be authentic and let your unique personality shine. Show us why you'd be a good fit for TKS.
TKS is a 10-month program (Sept-June). Students can re-apply for the program each year. Many students stay in the program for several years.
Top 3 For TKS:
1. Directors: TKS hires amazing people. All of the directors are so supportive and actually care about your growth. They're fun people who can help you figure out what you're passionate about and what you need to do to get there. These directors are the people leading your cohorts, running the challenges, giving you honest feedback on your presentations, etc.
2. Self-guided learning: Unlike school or other traditional extracurricular programs, there's nothing that's truly "required" of you. The amount of time you put in is completely optional, and that's why it works so well. You can explore technologies and build solutions to problems you really care about. The range of projects students are working on is so diverse because they're what everyone actually wants to work on! I'm passionate about IoT and biosensors to solve problems in patient monitoring, so I've been able to work in this space just as people around me are working on gene editing plants and building nuclear reactors.
3. Global community: In the virtual program, every session is like traveling around the world. People Zoom in from all over the place from Singapore, Russia, Switzerland, Germany, US, Canada, India, and so many more countries
I would say that TKS has been incredible. I've been able to work on many incredible projects and actually assist million-dollar companies. It has been stressful but worth the growth.
TKS is enlightening and insightful. Listening to different perspectives and being exposed to a huge variety of technologies, global challenges and updates has been a game-changing experience.
Thus far, I have been incredibly satisfied with how much I've learned and done in and out of sessions
TKS has been a fun and growth-focused experience that has left a big lasting impression on my life. The information-rich sessions and the dynamic community are some of the highlights I will always cherish from the program.
My experience in TKS has been very eye opening. I realized just how much I can really do as a teen!
TKS is really fun! And I'm learning lots and lots of new things!
Loving it! I've gained so much value from my directors and even though I'm in the virtual program, I feel like I've made a lot of friends who I consider close and who I'd want to keep in contact with long after the program is over. I've also gotten so much value from the TKS alumni network, from getting paid to work on a Caltech project to meeting someone who I'll be attending Stanford with next year
TKS has been highly impactful for my social and academic well-being. I have never felt as good and successful being part of the program than before I joined.
Finding my purpose and creating a mindset and lifestyle that's focused on making consistent progress in all portions of my life.
Fast-paced, individualized progress guided with high-level directors and mentors to take project progress to the next level.
TKS is fun and challenging at times. Overall it makes me into a more productive person.
The Knowledge Society program is a melting pot of talents and ideas where I have grown not only in my skills but also in my network and perspective. It's a journey of self-discovery and empowerment that I am grateful to be a part of.
TKS has been absolutely amazing and 100% life-changing.
TKS is life changing, I've enjoyed my time so much. 10000% best decision I've ever made in my life.
TKS is awesome. I feel like this is how every TKS student would describe it, but it truly has been a great experience, especially with all the real-life experiences we have like the Challenge, Hackathon, and the learning experiences we have from them, absolutely great!
Better than expected. Love the bonuses we find out during TKS that aren't told to us prior.
I can say with 100% certainty that joining The Knowledge Society has been one of the best decisions I've made in my entire life. The community is so wholesome and inviting, the attitudes of the directors and students make it fun to learn new things, and there is so much I've done as a result of the teachings from both my peers and mentors.
I graduated a year early, went to tons of conventions, and started building an engineering startup all because of these people. They showed me how much was actually possible and before, I didn't know where I would end up. I can finally say I'm excited for the future and it's because of them. So thrilled to learn more and grow with my fellow students!
I'm open for a chat if you have any questions, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org