Center for Talent Development at Northwestern University is dedicated to helping academically talented students, age 3 through grade 12, reach full potential. We provide research-based assessment, advanced programs, and resources to enhance a child’s schooling. Our programs include:..(more)
Center for Talent Development's (CTD) offers a wide range of online courses and learning environments for students in PreK through grade 12. CTD's online courses provide developmentally appropriate, academically rigorous courses in a format and at a pace matched to students' needs.
From family-oriented courses and live online sessions to flexible, self-paced offerings, we have created an extensive lineup that combines rigorous content and high-quality instruction with fun, interactive opportunities that allow students to connect with peers from around the world.
Courses are available in a variety of subject areas, including English and language arts, humanities and social sciences, foreign languages, science, mathematics, technology and engineering, service-learning and leadership, and more.
- One-day, live online explorations of unique topics
- 4-week courses with activities families can engage in together
- 6-week, live online Saturday or Sunday courses
- 9-week flexibly paced enrichment and core essentials courses
- Flexibly paced Honors and Advanced Placement courses for credit through CT
Our unique courses are designed to ensure that each student gets the opportunity to find what works best for them. Our courses are broken up by age and area of focus:
- Online Core Essentials (9 weeks for 3rd to 8th grade), courses include:
- Advanced Reading: Literature (3 to 4)
- Advanced Grammar & Academic Writing I (6 to 8)
- Anatomy & Physiology (6-8)
- Persuasive Writing and the Constitution (6-8)
- Introduction to Pre-Algebra: Numbers & Algebraic Thinking (4-6)
- Online Enrichment (9 weeks for 3rd to 10th grade), courses include:
- Classical Mythology: Myths of Ancient Greece & Rome (3 to 5)
- Online Writing Workshop (9 to 10)
- Astrobiology (6-8)
- Introduction to Chinese (6-8)
- Mysteries of the Deep (3-5)
- Online Honors Courses for 6th to 12th grade:
- Algebra I
- Algebra II/Trigonometry
- Creative Writing
- Effective Essay Writing
- English Vocabulary I & II
- Java Honors: From Beginner to App Builder
- Programming C++
For more information on how to apply and session dates, please check out our website!