The School for Field Studies (SFS) semester and summer programs are high-quality interdisciplinary academic, undergraduate-level programs that are accredited by the University of Minnesota. Gap year students are welcome to apply.
SFS “classrooms” include coral reefs, rainforests, and African savannas; the focus of our research ranges from wildlife conservation to rainforest restoration.
Our semester study abroad and summer college study abroad programs are designed to teach students about critical local environmental problems and train them to do field research that will help address these problems. Our faculty provide core lectures needed to understand the content areas pertinent to case study and research questions. Field exercises complement classroom lectures and help students to develop skills needed for Directed Research projects.
Our current programs include:
- Biodiversity and Development in the Amazon in Peru
- Tropical Island Biodiversity Studies in Panama
- Himalayan Studies in Bhutan
- Wildlife Management Studies and Public Health in Tanzania
- Rainforest Studies in Australia & New Zealand
- Marine Resource Studies in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Sustainable Development Studies in Costa Rica
Cost and Session Information
Prices vary per program. Please visit the website for updated details.