This comprehensive overland Pure Exploration program is for people looking to gain experience traveling internationally to developing countries, learning about managing groups, travel logistics & trekking in some of the world’s most famous, spectacular, mountainous, and remote regions.
THE ULTIMATE EXPEDITION
Module 1: How to travel internationally with a group - Budgets, logistics, local operators, safety & core skills
Module 2: Putting it into practice - Team trekking, community & service projects abroad, gaining confidence
Module 3: Up we go - Time to test your expedition skills in the legendary Himalayas!
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
We created this program as an immersive learning experience, for those looking to gain confidence and experience as an international traveller. Whether you are looking to get into the adventure travel industry, or simply become a rounded global traveller yourself, this program provides the key skills to help you:
- Be able to assess future travel destinations for risk and for suitability to your needs
- Make important decisions on arrival to navigate developing world or foreign language situations
- Have practical first aid skills to help save lives in remote locations
- To be confident to trek in remote destinations in varying conditions such as weather, jungle, altitude
- 12 week expedition leader training and qualification program
- Dynamic, immersive course that progresses with each new destination
- Focus on mentorship & learning through shared experiences
- Qualified & experienced technical instructors and a program manager hosting in all countries
- Low student - instructor ratio for personalised learning
- NZ Outdoor Leadership Qualification (completed internationally)
- Advanced International Wilderness First Aid certification
- Accommodation and most meals provided all program
- All technical equipment, program related transport & travel (except your flight to and from home)
- Gain experience in adventure travel management, group leadership, international travel logistics, expedition/travel medicine, youth work, high alpine/jungle/swift water management, leading others above 5,000m, supported and unsupported trek management