Pacific Discovery is a global leader in experiential education, offering transformative gap year and summer programs abroad since 2001. Programs are overland journeys combining authentic immersion, meaningful service, wilderness adventure. Students leave with a deepened sense of their identity, passion, and purpose.
Who do you want to be in the world? What does it mean to be a responsible global citizen? How do you want to create change? If these questions call to you, join us for an overland journey combining authentic immersion, meaningful service, and wilderness adventure. Our programs foster empathy for other cultures, ethical and sustainable travel practices, and awareness of international issues. Students leave with a deepened sense of their identity, passion, and purpose.
Our programs are a 10 week journey with an optional 3-week independent extension to apply newly developed independent travel skills. Semester programs are offered both Fall and Spring, and can be taken consecutively for an in-depth and transformative gap year experience. Optional academic credit options are available.
Program Locations: Australasia (Australia, New Zealand, Fiji); Central America (Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua); Himalayas (Nepal & Tibet); South America (Peru, Ecuador, Galapagos Islands); Southeast Asia (Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia)
Cost and Session Information
Gap Year Program fee inclusions:
- All in-country land transport and travel (some flights - varies by program)
- All accommodation
- All meals
- All language classes, activities, excursions, entry fees and adventure travel as described in each program's itinerary
- Service learning projects in conservation and community development
- Informal lectures from resident experts on history, culture, development issues
- Experienced program instructors and local guides
- Online image library for your program
- Extensive pre-departure preparation support and information
- During program weekly updates to families and group photo album
- Post-program alumni network