Explore the American West and Patagonia through rock climbing and hands-on conservation work with the High Mountain Institute.
Our climbing and conservation semester is an amazing opportunity to advance your climbing skills toward independence while participating in real-world conservation work in the areas you visit.
- Develop and practice beginner to advanced skills in sport, traditional, and multi-pitch climbing at world-class destinations.
- Summit iconic sandstone towers and remote alpine walls, while also working toward your own personal goals.
- Learn to comfortably live, travel, and rock climb in the wilderness and international destinations.
- Investigate pressing conservation issues in partnership with land managers and environmental organizations to protect and restore these wild places.
- Travel with a group of 8-12 students and 3 faculty committed to a community of shared responsibility, making lifelong friendships while advancing your leadership and communication skills.
Cost and Session Information
Dates: September 21 - December 9, 2019