Central Patagonia is one of the few remaining wild regions on Earth. Journey to this frontier to explore these breathtaking mountain regions, immerse yourself in mountain culture, and engage with grassroots efforts that improve environmental and social sustainability.
- Explore the distinct culture of Patagonia, learning Spanish while working and traveling through local communities.
- Embark on extended wilderness expeditions through pristine mountain regions.
- Study conservation efforts in the region, witnessing first hand the building of a new national park.
- Travel by boat down one of the region’s threatened rivers, learning about the tension between modernization and local conservation.
- Investigate the impacts of climate change on sensitive mountain regions on the Northern Patagonia Ice Fields.
- Integrate your wilderness and leadership skills by planning and executing a student-led expedition at the end of the semester.
- Become part of a group committed to personal growth through adventure, service, and an intentional community.
Cost and Session Information
Dates: January 27 - April 16, 2019