From 6 months+ or a year, you can volunteer abroad in Denmark and work with a local community on a variety of service learning projects, while staying with a host family. For details, visit our website.
Seafaring, Vikings, castles, and quaint harbors beckon volunteers to Denmark’s chilly shores. Denmark is a small but mighty Nordic nation in Scandinavia, surrounded by the Baltic Sea to the east and the North Sea to the west. The Kingdom of Denmark includes Greenland and the Faroe Islands. It has the longest continuous coastline in Europe, with no location further than 52 km from the ocean. In the Middle Ages, Denmark was an agricultural, Christian kingdom, but after the Reformation and 300 years of losing territory, Denmark ultimately adopted a democratic constitution in 1849. Now, hard work, the protection of civil liberties and traditional family life dominate Denmark’s lifestyle.
United Planet is the US and Canadian member of the International Cultural Youth Exchange, or ICYE. As a volunteer in Denmark, you will be hosted by Dansk ICYE, ICYE’s partner organization there. Dansk ICYE provides a multitude of opportunities for United Planet volunteers to create lasting friendships and make a difference in this beautiful country.
Visit our blog: http://www.unitedplanet.org/blog/2016/08/09/not-goodbye-just-vi-ses
Cost and Session Information
Here is a brief overview of what's included in your gap year program:
- Four day cross-cultural pre-departure training weekend in New Hampshire with United Planet staff and other US and Canadian volunteers
- Food and lodging in your host country (host family or shared residence)
- Airport transfers Emergency medical insurance In-country orientation upon arrival and ongoing support and supervision throughout your Quest
- Language training Mid-year camp (for 1 year volunteers) and final camp
- Monthly stipend for incidental expenses
- Top notch safety and support