Set on the campus of National Taiwan University in the heart of Taipei, Chinese Gap Year (CGY) in Taipei is a 3, 6, 9, or 12-month gap year experience for pre-university students who want to rapidly improve their Chinese, immerse themselves in local culture and society, and experience the freedom to grow and make friends.
CGY is open to students of all Chinese proficiency levels and backgrounds. We offer:
- An intensive and immersive Mandarin Chinese language and culture program.
- Dorm or homestay housing options that balance safety and support with independent living.
- Social and cultural immersion on campus, in the city, and around Taiwan.
- Personalized attention and around-the-clock support and resources.
- A CGY teacher and staff-to-student ratio of 1:2.5 or lower.
- Weekly, monthly, and quarterly activities and excursions.
- A safe and friendly environment for living and learning.
- A memorable and meaningful gap year experience!