Volunteering is one of four critical factors on a college application.
Every year college admissions officers see higher GPAs and a greater number of perfect ACT and SAT scores. Colleges need a different way to differentiate students. Volunteering shows what motivates and inspires each student.
Say hello to VolunteerCrowd – student volunteering the easy way.
With the VolunteerCrowd app, middle school, high school, and college students can find, schedule, and track volunteer opportunities – FREE. With millions of organizations, students can discover meaningful opportunities, grow from these experiences, and build a volunteer transcript and portfolio as a stepping stone for college and career.
Here are the many ways VolunteerCrowd helps students meet community service graduation requirements, and build a volunteer transcript for college, scholarship, transcript, and job applications.
- Find organizations that interest you and request an alert when new projects become available, so you never miss an opportunity.
- Invite friends – lots of them – by email, text, or social media to help support your favorite causes.
- Build your volunteer score through social impact leadership: Give shout-outs to your favorite charities. Review your community service experiences telling future volunteers what they’ll do and learn. Recruit volunteers and lead projects.
- Describe how your volunteer experiences impact you and what you learn.
- Request recommendations from organizations you serve.
Can’t get enough? Wait until VolunteerCrowd unveils the volunteer transcript and portfolio this summer!