VALUE THE FIRST AMENDMENT?
Help us promote, explain, and defend it!
The Newseum’s Education Department is looking for enthusiastic, flexible and professional volunteer guides, who are also passionate about free expression and the First Amendment.
Our guides do the following:
• Conduct walking tours of the building covering most exhibits and all floors
• Effectively and accurately communicate information about our collection and our mission to an audience of wide age ranges and experiences
• Facilitate the activity carts and engage visitors in object-based activities
• Prior teaching or guide experience is a plus but not required
Guides must complete a training program to prepare them for their role at the Newseum.
NEWSEUM VOLUNTEERS ENJOY THESE BENEFITS:
• 25% discount in the Food Section
• 10% discount in the Newseum stores
• 15% discount at The Source by Wolfgang Puck
• 10 Newseum general admission tickets
• Inclusion in education enrichment outings
• Lunch-and-learns featuring Newseum and guest experts
• Flu shot
• Free admission to the Newseum
• Free admission or museum discounts to partner museums with reciprocal programs
• Plus additional benefits based upon hours of service
• Can commit to a minimum of one year to the Newseum
• Is at least 16 years old at the time of application
• Can complete all required training as scheduled
• Is able to work independently
• Has a valid email address, computer access and basic computer skills
• Can successfully complete a criminal and credit background check if 18 years old or older. This is not required of volunteers under the age of 18
• Is a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or has unrestricted work authorization
• Understands volunteer duties may change depending on the needs of the museum
If you are interested in getting involved, please visit our website for more information including a list of current open positions: www.newseum.org/volunteer.