Serve - Lead - Learn! Start a generationOn Kids Care Club with the support of Boston Cares!
Kids Care Clubs have the mission of developing compassion and inspiring a spirit of volunteering in elementary and middle school children. Clubs are led by an adult facilitator and implement meaningful hands-on service projects, locally, nationally and globally.
Meet wherever is convenient for the club, however often, and focus on whatever area that interests the club or that the club finds has the most need (Animals, Environment, Homelessness, Hunger, etc.)
GenerationOn Kids Care Clubs provide an opportunity for new or existing groups to access targeted programming materials for developing and engaging in service projects in their local area. Clubs can join through GenerationOn.org for a variety of resources for both planning and funding, and can access local support resources through the Boston Cares Club Hub model, which provides regular newsletters, service projects and opportunities to collaborate and share best practices across the region. Kids Care Clubs are a great way for school groups, youth groups and scout troops to develop their service programming in partnership with Boston Cares. GenerationOn Clubs are a great way to have fun, get involved in your community and make your mark on the world!
Youth participants gain..
- The ability to identify and address community issues through creative problem solving and action.
- Improved civic consciousness and societal awareness including an appreciation for socio-economic, cultural, and generational diversity.
- Improved leadership, self-discipline, self-esteem, empathy, critical thinking, and relationships with peers and adults.
- Opportunities to explore skills, interests and career possibilities and to strengthen their college applications.
Organizations and communities gain...
- The energy and creativity of youth in addressing community needs.
- New perspectives on youth as assets.
- A new generation of caring and experienced citizens, activists and volunteers - tomorrow's civic leaders.
- Increased public awareness of key issues.
Boston Cares will support you every step along the way in creating a Service Club to get your elementary and middle school kids involved in service! If you are looking to engage older youth in service, see our Teen Service Clubs.