The League of Women Voters of Massachusetts (LWVMA) is seeking an intern to assist with MoVE 2018 (Massachusetts Voter Engagement 2018). https://lwvma.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Intern-Job-Description-2018.pdf
Voter Education and Engagement Internship: Summer 2018
The League of Women Voters of Massachusetts (LWVMA) is seeking an intern to assist with MoVE 2018 (Massachusetts Voter Engagement 2018), a statewide voter education and engagement project.
Organizational Overview: The League of Women Voters of Massachusetts, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. Since its founding in 1920, LWVMA has been a respected and trusted voice for citizen participation in our democracy. With 45 local Leagues throughout the state, LVWMA has been at the forefront of efforts to empower and educate Massachusetts voters and effect change on a wide range of issues. Membership in the League is open to men and women of all ages.
MoVE 2018 Overview: MoVE 2018 is a program that will provide digital and print resources to encourage voter participation and informed choice in the 2018 election. Specifically, MoVE 2018 will:
- Create a comprehensive online voters’ guide to all races in Massachusetts
- Widely publicize the early September state primary date
- Educate voters about significant recent changes to Massachusetts' election law
- Organize candidate forums for congressional and statewide offices
- Encourage eligible voters to register and get to the polls using PSAs created by participants in our statewide high school video contest, "Get In the Game…and Vote!"
- Support implementation and promotion of online voters’ guide, including social media optimization
- Provide outreach to potential partner organizations
- Assist with print and digital outreach efforts to educate voters about election laws
- Assist with logistics around debates and forums
- Provide general office support
Details: This is an unpaid, part-time (8-16 hours/week) internship from June through August. A small stipend may be available. The ideal intern is responsible, detail-oriented, computer and social media savvy, and has strong written and verbal skills. Interest in nonprofits, civic engagement, and electoral politics is important.
The League of Women Voters of Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.