The GRTC empowers teens to educate their communities about sexuality and healthy decision making and inspires teens to use their voices to advocate for positive sexual attitudes and policies. We provide accurate and unbiased sexuality education to end ignorance and to promote acceptance and communication.
The Get Real Teen Council is an annual program (running from the end of August thru the beginning of June) and applications are accepted on a rolling basis until early May each year.
Students interested in joining the GRTC must be:
• entering 10th, 11th or 12th grade in September of the school year for which they are applying
• able to attend all weekly meetings
• interested in learning about/teaching others about sexual health topics
• interested in learning about/teaching others about social justice issues
• able to demonstrate respect for diverse opinions, beliefs and values
• able to balance school, GRTC and any other extra-curricular activities
• able to commit to a 3-day retreat prior to the start of the school year and weekly meetings starting in late-August
• able to make at least a one-year commitment to the GRTC