In times of crisis and challenge, knowing where to turn puts you on the road to success and recovery. The Center for Success and Independence (TCSI) -- an adolescent residential and intensive outpatient treatment center -- is the solution for troubled youth and their families.
The Center for Success and Independence (TCSI) is a residential and intensive outpatient treatment program in Houston, Texas for adolescents, ages 12-17, whose psychological, emotional, and/or substance abuse disorders have impaired their behavioral functioning and adversely impacted their everyday home, school and community environments. Clients receive proven adolescent-focused treatment directed at the emotional, cognitive and social roots of their behavioral issues. We have a proven success rate with teens who complete the program. It is one of the reasons we receive referrals from physicians, hospitals, state agencies and schools. We are one of only a few free-standing intensive adolescent residential treatment centers in Houston offering a recommended 25 hours of therapy per week.
We are also one of the very few residential treatment centers in Texas providing a complete Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) treatment program designed specifically for adolescents. DBT is an innovative treatment method developed specifically to treat difficult clients in a way which is optimistic and preserves the morale of the therapist and the client. Research findings suggest DBT is successful in reducing acting-out behavior, self injury and in-patient treatment time.
The Center for Success and Independence treats:
- Youth and teenagers 12 to 17
- Behavioral issues
- Addictive disorders
- Trauma (abuse, neglect, and abandonment)
- Emotional distress
- Individual, Family, and Group Psychotherapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program for adolescents and teens (coping skills development)
- Adolescents Substance Abuse Programs (treatment, prevention, education, intervention, and relapse prevention)
- Anger Management Program
- Social Skills/Independent Living Programs
- Diagnostic Services (psychological psychiatric, neuropsychological assessment - emotional, behavioral, and learning issues)
- AA/NA Programs and Sponsorship for youths and teenagers - The clients attend meetings on and off campus and are required to work with a sponsor
- Medication Management and Consultation - a psychiatrist available 24 hours a day for medication management and consultation
- Nursing Services
- On-Site School Program - Full time on-site fully accredited school program offering credit recovery, advanced classes, and special education services
- Adolescent Teen Support Program
- Aftercare Program - for youth and families after discharge